Community of Christ - Shelby Access Policy
Community of Christ Headquarters, Technology Support is responsible for establishing and implementing database security for all standard software applications provided to all organizational units. We would like to assume everyone who handles information about the congregation is trustworthy. However, we must take measures to restrict unauthorized access to data outside your “Need to Know”. In the congregation, the Pastor (PO), Financial Officer (FO), Recorder (REC) or their designee have certain data access requirements. These persons will be known as the "End User". Preserving the confidentiality of the information entrusted to you is the responsibility of each authorized End User, whether it involves using the PC program or the documents supporting the automated database.
The POs, FOs and RECs have different reasons for accessing records in Shelby. Each authorized End User will only be allowed to the functions within Shelby necessary to do their jobs. The appropriate functionality has been more clearly defined by the First Presidency for PO’s, Fiscal Services for FO’s and World Church Recorder for REC’s.
The following procedures will be used when initiating a request for data access via SOAR.
1. A request for access to Shelby will be submitted on the ‘Request for Access’ paper form or online thru the Community of Christ Web link.
2. A Mission Center officer is the only authority approved to submit an SOAR. The ‘Request’ form implies authorizion by either the Mission Center President or Mission Center Financial officer. Submisions by others will be held pending verification. Access should be provided to the lowest jurisdiction where the data can be accessed. For congregational access both the Mission Center and congregation must be identified for proper assignment.
3. All paper access forms will be mailed to the Community of Christ Membership Records office at 1001 W Walnut, Independence, MO 64050. Appropriate access codes and accounts will be established once these have been reviewed and validated. Membership Records can proceed with processing the ‘Request’ form only after all entries are complete and Relationships are entered into the requestor's Shelby record.
4. Once the request has been received by Membership Records and Technology Support, an account will be created or updated as noted on the request form. End Users will be given access to data, based on their total responsibilities. A USER NAME and PASSWORD will be issued to the End User by Technology Support. Changes to Shelby access may not require an additional account be created. Persons requesting Shelby access to conduct training only, will not have access to a live database. Training can be performed by using the Shelby Training Database. Mission Center staff may contact the Help Desk for additional information related to training, as needed.
5. The End User will be notified of their USER NAME and PASSWORDs via Email. Users requesting only changes to their responsibilities will be notified by Email once the account has been updated. Any account not used for 6 months will be deactivated. A warning notice will be given at the 5th month of inactivity, allowing 30 days grace for the user to reactivate their account by logging in and using Shelby. Persons, who were once a previously authorized Shelby user and have been deactivated, must reapply through the appropriate approval authorities. To retain active status, each user must log into Shelby at least once every 3-4 months even though there may not be a need to change data.
Click "Agree" below only if you acknowledge that all information supplied on the form being submitted is correct to the best of my knowledge.
** Please be sure the end user's Relationships, Address, Phone, and Email information are entered correctly in Shelby before submitting this access request. If any are incomplete, your access request will be held pending verification of information.